TEXT OF A LETTER FROM THE PRESIDENT
TO THE CHAIRMAN AND RANKING MEMBER OF THE HOUSE
COMMITTEE ON FINANCIAL SERVICES, AND THE CHAIRMAN
AND RANKING MEMBER OF THE SENATE COMMITTEE
ON BANKING, HOUSING, AND URBAN AFFAIRS
Dear Mr. Chairman: (Dear Representative:)(Dear Senator:)
In accordance with section 303(a)(6)(A) of the Defense Production Act of 1950, as amended (the “Act”) (50 U.S.C. 4533(a)(6)(A)), I transmit herewith notice of actions to rectify a shortfall in the space industrial base. The Department of Defense will take actions to target critical technology item shortfalls affecting aerospace structures and fibers, radiation hardened microelectronics, radiation test and qualification facilities, and satellite components and assemblies.
I also have included my determination required pursuant to section 303(a)(5) of the Act. Please find enclosed my determination that these proposed initiatives are essential to the national defense.
DONALD J. TRUMP
- Remarks by the First Lady at Careers in Film Symposium
- President Donald J. Trump Proclaims October 15 through October 21, 2017, as National Character Counts Week
- President Donald J. Trump’s New Strategy on Iran
- Statement from the Press Secretary – Syria Chemical Weapons Attack
- Statement of President Obama on the Death of Nigerian President Umaru Yar’Adua