– – – – – – –
CONTINUATION OF THE NATIONAL EMERGENCY
WITH RESPECT TO CERTAIN TERRORIST ATTACKS
Consistent with section 202(d) of the National Emergencies Act, 50 U.S.C. 1622(d), I am continuing for 1 year the national emergency previously declared on September 14, 2001, in Proclamation 7463, with respect to the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, and the continuing and immediate threat of further attacks on the United States.
Because the terrorist threat continues, the national emergency declared on September 14, 2001, and the powers and authorities adopted to deal with that emergency must continue in effect beyond September 14, 2017. Therefore, I am continuing in effect for an additional year the national emergency declared on September 14, 2001, in response to certain terrorist attacks.This notice shall be published in the Federal Register and transmitted to the Congress.
DONALD J. TRUMP
THE WHITE HOUSE,
September 11, 2017.
- Remarks by President Trump on Combatting Drug Demand and the Opioid Crisis
- Press Briefing Call on the Vice President’s Trip to Latin America
- Statement by the Press Secretary on Venezuela
- Press Gaggle by Press Secretary Sarah Sanders en route Washington, D.C., 8/23/2017
- Statement by the Press Secretary on New Financial Sanctions on Venezuela