MEMORANDUM FOR THE SECRETARY OF STATE
SUBJECT: Suspension of Limitations under the
Jerusalem Embassy Act
Pursuant to the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, including section 7(a) of the Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995 (Public Law 104-45) (the “Act”), I hereby determine that it is necessary, in order to protect the national security interests of the United States, to suspend for a period of 6 months the limitations set forth in sections 3(b) and 7(b) of the Act.
You are authorized and directed to transmit this determination, accompanied by a report in accordance with section 7(a) of the Act, to the Congress and to publish this determination in the Federal Register.
The suspension set forth in this determination shall take effect after you transmit this determination and the required accompanying report to the Congress.
DONALD J. TRUMP
- Statement of President Obama on the Death of Nigerian President Umaru Yar’Adua
- Photos from President Donald J. Trump and First Lady Melania Trump’s Visit to Texas
- President Donald J. Trump Proclaims May 1, 2017, as Loyalty Day
- Remarks by President Trump on Combatting Drug Demand and the Opioid Crisis
- Remarks by First Lady Melania Trump on Combatting Drug Demand and the Opioid Crisis