TEXT OF A LETTER FROM THE PRESIDENT
TO THE CHAIRMAN AND RANKING MEMBER OF THE HOUSE
COMMITTEE ON FINANCIAL SERVICES, AND THE CHAIRMAN
AND RANKING MEMBER OF THE SENATE COMMITTEE
ON BANKING, HOUSING, AND URBAN AFFAIRS
Dear Mr. Chairman: (Dear Representative:)(Dear Senator:)
In accordance with section 303(a)(6)(A) of the Defense Production Act of 1950, as amended (the “Act”) (50 U.S.C. 4533(a)(6)(A)), I transmit herewith notice of actions to rectify a shortfall in the space industrial base. The Department of Defense will take actions to target critical technology item shortfalls affecting aerospace structures and fibers, radiation hardened microelectronics, radiation test and qualification facilities, and satellite components and assemblies.
I also have included my determination required pursuant to section 303(a)(5) of the Act. Please find enclosed my determination that these proposed initiatives are essential to the national defense.
DONALD J. TRUMP
- Remarks by President Trump on Combatting Drug Demand and the Opioid Crisis
- Press Briefing by Press Secretary Sarah Sanders, 12/12/2017, #40
- Press Briefing Call on the Vice President’s Trip to Latin America
- Statement by the Press Secretary on Venezuela
- Press Gaggle by Press Secretary Sarah Sanders en route Washington, D.C., 8/23/2017