TEXT OF A LETTER FROM THE PRESIDENT
TO THE CHAIRMAN AND RANKING MEMBER OF THE HOUSE
COMMITTEE ON FINANCIAL SERVICES, AND THE CHAIRMAN
AND RANKING MEMBER OF THE SENATE COMMITTEE
ON BANKING, HOUSING, AND URBAN AFFAIRS
Dear Mr. Chairman: (Dear Representative:)(Dear Senator:)
In accordance with section 303(a)(6)(A) of the Defense Production Act of 1950, as amended (the “Act”) (50 U.S.C. 4533(a)(6)(A)), I transmit herewith notice of actions to rectify a shortfall in the space industrial base. The Department of Defense will take actions to target critical technology item shortfalls affecting aerospace structures and fibers, radiation hardened microelectronics, radiation test and qualification facilities, and satellite components and assemblies.
I also have included my determination required pursuant to section 303(a)(5) of the Act. Please find enclosed my determination that these proposed initiatives are essential to the national defense.
DONALD J. TRUMP
- President Trump Speaking at Trump Tower (Infrastructure/Charlottesville) – August 15, 2017
- Statement from the Press Secretary in Honor of International Women’s Day
- Press Gaggle by Principal Deputy Press Secretary Sarah Sanders En Route West Palm Beach, Florida
- Readout of the Vice President’s Meeting with the Presidents of Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia
- Readout of the President’s Call with Prime Minister Theresa May of the United Kingdom