10:04 A.M. EDT
THE PRESIDENT: Okay, thank you very much. I just want to congratulate Acting Secretary — this is really a big — this is a big position — Elaine Duke. A terrific person. She has done an amazing job for the Trump administration and everywhere she preceded. So congratulations. This is a very important thing you’re doing.
We are very strong on homeland security and we are very strong with respect to FEMA. FEMA is something that I’ve been very much involved in already. We’ve had some things during the last six months, including the highway in Atlanta, where I have to say the Governor and all concerned did a fantastic job of rebuilding that stretch of highway that ended up burning so badly. We found the reasons why, and it wasn’t for a good reason. But nevertheless, they did it in record time. I’m a builder and I understand they did it ahead of schedule and under budget, and that was very nice to see.
So I just — we have many, many things like that. We’ve already taken care of many of the situations that really needed emergency funds. We did it quickly. We did it effectively. We have an incredible team. And I just want to thank, Elaine, all of your people and your representatives. They have really done a fantastic job.
Thank you very much. Thank you very much, everybody.
10:06 A.M. EDT
- Remarks by the First Lady at Careers in Film Symposium
- President Donald J. Trump Proclaims October 15 through October 21, 2017, as National Character Counts Week
- President Donald J. Trump’s New Strategy on Iran
- Statement from the Press Secretary – Syria Chemical Weapons Attack
- Statement of President Obama on the Death of Nigerian President Umaru Yar’Adua