“ … Talk of Trump-fueled Armageddon is Partisan Hysteria, Unhinged From Reality.”
Turns out Trump didn’t ruin America’s economy
The New York Post
November 11, 2017
Foreign tourism to New York City is set to rise 3.6 percent this year — defying yet another of the many doomsday predictions about Donald Trump’s presidency.
Back in February, the city tourism agency said Trump’s “travel ban and related rhetoric” would mean a drop of 300,000 visitors this year. But the NYC & Co. prophecy proved false.
Of course, other predictions were more dire — particularly those about the stock market.
In fact, the Dow has climbed more than 25 percent since Hillary Clinton conceded. And the first two full quarters of Trump’s term both saw growth of 3 percent or more. Oops.
None of this guarantees that the markets won’t turn south eventually, or that ObamaCare won’t run into the rocks. But it does tell you that talk of Trump-fueled armageddon is partisan hysteria, unhinged from reality.
- Press Briefing by Press Secretary Sarah Sanders, 12/12/2017, #40
- Statement of President Obama on the Death of Nigerian President Umaru Yar’Adua
- Remarks by President Trump on Combatting Drug Demand and the Opioid Crisis
- Remarks by First Lady Melania Trump on Combatting Drug Demand and the Opioid Crisis
- Readout of President Donald J. Trump’s May 25th Working Lunch with President Emmanuel Macron of France