President Donald J. Trump met with Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull of Australia and Prime Minister Shinzo Abe of Japan today in Manila, Philippines. The three leaders reaffirmed their commitment to maintaining maximum pressure on North Korea in the effort to denuclearize the Korean Peninsula. They also discussed expanded security cooperation for enhanced deterrence and defense against North Korean aggression. President Trump, Prime Minister Turnbull, and Prime Minister Abe underscored the importance of working together to promote a free and open Indo-Pacific region. The three leaders also acknowledged the need to pursue fair and reciprocal trade.
- Press Briefing by Press Secretary Sarah Sanders, 12/12/2017, #40
- Statement of President Obama on the Death of Nigerian President Umaru Yar’Adua
- Remarks by President Trump on Combatting Drug Demand and the Opioid Crisis
- Remarks by First Lady Melania Trump on Combatting Drug Demand and the Opioid Crisis
- Readout of President Donald J. Trump’s May 25th Working Lunch with President Emmanuel Macron of France