The United States calls upon all states and parties to respect Lebanon’s sovereignty, independence, and constitutional processes. In this sensitive time, the United States also rejects any efforts by militias within Lebanon or by any foreign forces to threaten Lebanon’s stability, undermine Lebanese government institutions, or use Lebanon as a base from which to threaten others in the region.
Prime Minister Sa’ad Hariri has been a trusted partner of the United States in strengthening Lebanese institutions, fighting terrorism, and protecting refugees. The United States firmly reiterates that the Lebanese Armed Forces and other Lebanese state security forces are the only legitimate security authorities in Lebanon.
- Presidential Memorandum Regarding Construction of the Keystone XL Pipeline
- Statement of President Obama on the Death of Nigerian President Umaru Yar’Adua
- Readout of President Donald J. Trump’s Meeting with Crown Prince Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan of the United Arab Emirates
- Photos from President Donald J. Trump and First Lady Melania Trump’s Visit to Texas
- Press Briefing by Press Secretary Sarah Sanders, 10/31/2017, #29