Vice President Mike Pence spoke today with Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull of Australia. Prime Minister Turnbull offered his sympathy for the Osprey incident off the coast of Queensland, Australia. The two leaders discussed the recent counterterrorism operation in Sydney and agreed on the importance of fighting terrorism and radicalism in all their forms. Vice President Pence and Prime Minister Turnbull also discussed the grave and growing threat North Korea poses to countries near and far. Reflecting on joint counterterrorism initiatives and the shared North Korea threat, Vice President Pence and Prime Minister Turnbull reaffirmed the enduring bonds, deep friendship, and close alliance between the United States and Australia.
- Remarks by President Trump on Combatting Drug Demand and the Opioid Crisis
- Press Briefing by Press Secretary Sarah Sanders, 12/12/2017, #40
- Press Briefing Call on the Vice President’s Trip to Latin America
- Statement by the Press Secretary on Venezuela
- Press Gaggle by Press Secretary Sarah Sanders en route Washington, D.C., 8/23/2017