Vice President Mike Pence spoke today with Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull of Australia. Prime Minister Turnbull offered his sympathy for the Osprey incident off the coast of Queensland, Australia. The two leaders discussed the recent counterterrorism operation in Sydney and agreed on the importance of fighting terrorism and radicalism in all their forms. Vice President Pence and Prime Minister Turnbull also discussed the grave and growing threat North Korea poses to countries near and far. Reflecting on joint counterterrorism initiatives and the shared North Korea threat, Vice President Pence and Prime Minister Turnbull reaffirmed the enduring bonds, deep friendship, and close alliance between the United States and Australia.
- President Trump Speaking at Trump Tower (Infrastructure/Charlottesville) – August 15, 2017
- Statement from the Press Secretary in Honor of International Women’s Day
- Press Gaggle by Principal Deputy Press Secretary Sarah Sanders En Route West Palm Beach, Florida
- Readout of the Vice President’s Meeting with the Presidents of Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia
- Readout of the President’s Call with Prime Minister Theresa May of the United Kingdom