Vice President Mike Pence spoke today with Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull of Australia. Prime Minister Turnbull offered his sympathy for the Osprey incident off the coast of Queensland, Australia. The two leaders discussed the recent counterterrorism operation in Sydney and agreed on the importance of fighting terrorism and radicalism in all their forms. Vice President Pence and Prime Minister Turnbull also discussed the grave and growing threat North Korea poses to countries near and far. Reflecting on joint counterterrorism initiatives and the shared North Korea threat, Vice President Pence and Prime Minister Turnbull reaffirmed the enduring bonds, deep friendship, and close alliance between the United States and Australia.
- Statement of President Obama on the Death of Nigerian President Umaru Yar’Adua
- Photos from President Donald J. Trump and First Lady Melania Trump’s Visit to Texas
- President Donald J. Trump Proclaims May 1, 2017, as Loyalty Day
- Remarks by President Trump on Combatting Drug Demand and the Opioid Crisis
- Remarks by First Lady Melania Trump on Combatting Drug Demand and the Opioid Crisis